ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 16. DAY - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 16. DAY

 16. Day (Aliağa-Çandarlı) (40 km)

I woke up around 16:00. While I was collecting my belongings and putting them on the bike, I saw that the bag of the bike had money in its mesh eye. I don't forget money in the bag. Someone from the mosque community must have put it up while I was sleeping. 

I went to the market place in Aliağa and bought some fruit. I ate. Then I set out.

In the cool afternoon, on the gentle ramp before reaching the Çandarlı intersection, a cyclist from behind appeared next to me as I was cycling slowly with earphones in my ears. He said he was heading towards Çandarlı. I said I was heading there. We drove together a little while chatting. I thought we would go together. There is a load on my bike. The wind was blowing from the front as usual. For this reason, I was cycling the heavier than it. Friend, be tired of my slowly cycling, saying "Come on, thank you" and accelerated and dropped the slope down the left.

“…………..
I don't need
Neither money nor love
On my horse
I go towards the mountain
Stars and moon
They say where I'm going
…….”
When I got to the top of the ramp I turned left this time. The song has changed. "Desperado" started to play. I raised the volume ... At that moment, I rarely encountered a situation during the tour. The wind started to blow from behind. The slope of the road was also slightly downward. I started to speed up. This time the load on the bike started to give me a positive effect. He sat more firmly on the ground. It was not being thrown by the speed. After a while, I saw this friend on his way. I made even more ambition. But I don't know why. I felt that at that moment. It was probably due to the aggressive tone of the music. When I climbed that ramp after waking up, I was fully awake from sleep, my stomach was full, the weather was perfect… I got the momentum. I pulled tighter on the pedal. With this friend, the gap started to close quickly. Meanwhile, Antonio Banderas started to solo with his guitar… So I accompanied him on my bike… I was turning the pedal with ambition and love as if there was no tomorrow…

I caught…
"Greetings…" with a head gesture.
And "transition…" *
No losing momentum!

This friend was left behind for a long time. I turned my head for a moment and looked back. It seemed to be standing still. Hmm… I wonder if there was a problem with the boy's bike? Let me stop… Coming back… Meeting the friend again… "Is there a problem, I saw you as if you were standing on the bike for a moment." I said. "It's okay," he said. Back again… Again the wind is behind, the slope is still downward, turn the pedal, catch the acceleration again… Thanks to him, I arrived at Çandarlı faster than I expected.

* Whenever I listen to this song in the opening of the movie “Desperado”, this moment comes to my mind. 
(Even if was not the moment like that exacly) The part of Antonio Banderas where he saw the man with the knife before starting the solo: with the moment when I saw this friend; 
when the first part of the guitar solo ended (I mean, The part of Antonio Banderas putting the guitar on the man's head): with the moment of "greeting" ;  
The moment he started soloing again: with the moment of "transition";
It is enjoyable to remember this way.
I also want to point that: When I stop and come back after passing the friend; I turned back thinking there was really something wrong with his bike. "You said thank you to me, look what happened, you stay behind like this!" I realized later that I seemed like I said.

At the entrance to Çandarlı, I saw a tent set up on the beach. It was about 45 minutes before it got dark. We met Mustafa in front of the tent. He came to camp with their 2 children. So I set up my tent a little further. The wind was blowing violently. I would tie it to the tree with a rope so that the tent would not fly. But I couldn't do it the way I wanted to. Because my left arm was numb due to holding the handlebars, I got help from Mustafa. While we were trying to secure the tent, 3 more people came. They also set up their tents.

After the tents were set up, the police, who were going to their homes in the evening, saw the tents. They spoke their classic words. "There is a complaint from the environment, tidy up your tents!" We just arrived and set up the tent. Who has complained when. Mustafa tried to explain by saying that I will stop for one night, I will go in the morning, but it did not happen. The police are gone. I said, "Mustafa, never mind, nothing will happen." Other friends also said, "They can't do anything if we stay."  Me and other friends stayed there. Nothing happened anyway.
After setting up the tent and settling in, I went out for a stroll along the Çandarlı beach. I went back to the tent because of the excessive wind. And I slept.


Post a Comment

0 Comments