ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 15. DAY - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 15. DAY

 15. Day (İzmir) (50 km)

I woke up in the morning by knocking on the door. I opened the door and met the employees of Fatih Vinc, (Fuat, Recep and Mehmet) and had breakfast with a nice conversation. Then we loaded the bike into the vehicle and went to bicycle repair. There were no rim's spokes suitable for the bike. He directed us to another cyclist. He said we could find it there. We thanked and left and went to the other cyclist.

I left the bike to the bike's repair shop of Atilla. I thanked Recep for bringing me and he farewell. Atilla repaired the bike very well. He adjusted the hub, brake, gear and tuning. He didn't want to money from me. I made the payment by force.  While he was making the bike, we had a pleasant conversation with his brother Orhan and his friend Ahmet. We talked more about my tour.

After I bought the bike, I went to Alsancak. It was past the afternoon. While riding a heavy bike in Kordon, I caught my eye on the km hour. It showed 998 km. Wow! So, almost 1000 km. I stopped after another 2 km. The sun was setting. I cycled a full 1000 km. The atmosphere started to get romantic again. It was necessary to properly immortalize this moment. I asked the first person to stop and take a picture of us at sunset with my bike. Many thousands! Tens of thousands! Hundreds of thousands!

 The aesthetic immortality of an emotional romantic moment ...

I met different beautiful people in Kordon that day. First Volkan, İshak, Bora then Çağrı, Fedai, Aytaç, Erkut. There are people whose names I can't remember. I was in a group as one person. They had done an action ride involving pedestrian and car occupation of the bicycle path. I attended them while chatting in Kordon after the ride.
After the group chat, we continued on the road for a while with Aytaç. He had mentioned the tour he intended to do by bike. He wanted to get off Alaska on his bike. One day he will. We follow eachother. I am waiting for the day he will do it. Maybe, who knows, when he ride down from Alaska on that bike, I'll go up from Chile. We will come across eachother around Costa Rica. (Later he toured from India to Nepal on his bike.)
After Aytaç left, I wandered around the inner part of Izmir. Lights, cars, density. I turned back to the beach. I met Erkut. He went from Istanbul to Bandırma by ferry from Istanbul on his bicycle and reached Izmir in 2 days with transit passes. He was going to a festival.
We came across Çağrı and his girlfriend in the morning on the Kordon at night. They invited them to their home. I said that I would go to Aliağa by the first subway and thanked their offer.
In the morning I went to the station. While I waiting for open the subway, I met a homeless person. I could not learn the name because he said the name doesn't matter. We had a little chat with him, then he left. He talked about the places I should stay away from in her neighborhood when he was leaving. He tried to give money. He was putting the money in my hand and I giving it back by force. He was putting it in the bike bag and I forcibly returning it. Finally I won. He was offended because I not taking the money.
I took the subway and went to Aliağa. I went into a mosque in Aliağa and slept.

Post a Comment

0 Comments