ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 14. DAY - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 14. DAY

 14. Day (Akköy-Söke-İzmir(Fatih Vinç)) (40 km)

While planning this tour, I was not going to stop by Söke after Didim. I was planning to go around the Dilek Peninsula and pass through Kuşadası. But I had to change my route. Why I did that?

It all started that morning when I took the wrong direction. I was going to continue on the road close to the sea towards Tuzburgaz. But I headed towards the main road. In fact, I noticed it after driving about 5 km, but I didn't feel like going back. Because I was downhill. Instead of going back up the slope and going down the other side; I changed the plan so that I would go to Söke and then go back to Tuzburgazı from the inner road. I arrived in Söke with a pleasant drive.



While searching for a place to eat in Söke, I entered a pit carelessly and a noise came from the rim of the bicycle. When I landed and looked, one of the rims spokes on the rear wheel was broken. With this much weight on the bike, I was likely to experience such a problem. This bothered me a little. Because I did not know how to fix such a problem. I had to find a bike repair shop there and I had to fix this problem. Saying that I can decide what path to follow while eating, I pushed the bike with my hand and went to a restaurant. After ordering food at the restaurant, I started thinking.

Could I find a place in Söke to build the rim? There was a possibility. I gave up going to Urla, Çeşme and Alaçatı districts of İzmir during the trip because my budget was limited while I was doing this tour. Another time I would tour only on this route. So now I was going to transit through Izmir. Cycling is not enjoyable where there is heavy traffic. When I went camping in Burdur Salda Lake, people I met there said that I could get on the Selçuk-Aliağa Subway without entering the traffic of İzmir. Kuşadası, Selçuk, I have been to these places before. In our conversations with my brother, he said that if there is a problem in İzmir, I can visit the branch of Fatih Vinc, the company he works for. I also worked in this company during the summer. Instead of using the Selçuk-Alsancak-Aliağa subway line, I could take the train from Söke to Alsancak and then go to Fatih Vinc. I used to spend the night there. With their help, we would find cyclists and repair the bicycle. I would also travel the Dilek Peninsula on my next tour in Izmir.

After thinking about these and making my decision, I called my brother and explained the situation. After the tour ended, I heard that a telegram was sent from Fatih Vinc's central branch to the Izmir branch. In the content of the message - to put it as a rough draft - they stated that a heavy guest will come, and it is of great importance to make all the necessary preparations. Oh, huh? Of course joke. What age do we live in, is the telegram left? They called directly and said. Of course, the content was not like that. They said a maniac is coming.

I went to the train station and bought a ticket to Izmir Alsancak. The train has arrived. Although it was forbidden, I managed to put the bike on the train with a little stubbornness. Friend, what did this bike do to you!

The train approached Izmir around 18 o'clock. It was 7 km away from Fatih Vinc train station. In the industrial area, I started to go there forcibly on a bike with a broken spoke on a road with heavy vehicles and rubbish all around. I sacrificed another rim's spoke on the road. An oncoming vehicle stopped next to me 300-400 meters before I reached the target. "Is famous person you?" said. I was surprised at first. I thought, my reputation came this far. I telling inside “descending from the mountains going up to the mountains; over forests, seas and plains; facing jackals and dogs; pedaling under the sun; It is me, me, who came to this place by staying hungry and thirsty! I said. Then I pulled myself together. I just said "mine" from outside. "Welcome. Fatih Vinc is right there. " said. He was working in the company next to Fatih Crane, he was overtime. They told him that such a maniac would come.

I arrived at the company and found the location of the key, albeit with difficulty. I went in, saluted the cameras, and after taking a shower, I laid my bed in a room. It had air conditioning. The presence of the air conditioner gave indescribable happiness in those very hot and tiring times. Enjoying the little things was the main thing.

Technical information, about the part of my journey from Muğla Border to Aydın Söke:

The wind continued to blow in the opposite direction.

I climbed and descended nearly 8000 m for 550 km. I cycled an average of 68.75 km per day.

The road from Muğla border to Marmaris center was covered with hot asphalt. The road condition and driving comfort were very good. Traffic was calm until the Marmaris intersection. Then it started to intensify.

As I mentioned in my article, the Marmaris-Datça road was covered with cold asphalt. And it was very worn. The road condition was very bad. Traffic was medium density.

After Muğla Gökova, I left the main road and continued on the forest road. On this route, the road was covered with cold asphalt. I can say the general quality is medium. Gravel had accumulated on the roadside due to wear. Traffic was calm.

I covered 983 km in the 14 days of my journey. I climbed approximately 15180 m, descended 16215 m and drove an average of 70.20 km per day.


Post a Comment

0 Comments