ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 13. DAY - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 13. DAY

 13. Day (Güvercinlik-Kıyıkışlacık-Akbük(Didim)-Didim-Akköy) (86  km)

When I woke up in the morning, I could not find the desire to go to Bodrum and spend time there. I didn't enjoy being in crowded, popular places anyway. It wasn't hard to guess what happened there. I am not talking about their natural beauty. I'm sure she has a perfect nature. But it is one of the places with a lot of people. At this density, it reflects as expensive, pollution and dry noise. For this reason I did not want to stop by. I don't know, maybe I made the mistake of not stopping by.

After collecting my belongings and having a snack, I started pedaling towards Didim. After passing Bodrum Airport for 7 km, I managed to turn left at the junction and get away from the noise. A taxi stopped beside me on my way through the inland road through the trees and fields. Kayahan, when he ask where my journey is; I said I was heading towards Didim. He advised me to stop by his village, Kıyıkışlacık and also to see it. I said that I might not be able to come by because the village is a bit inside. He offered me to come with him, saying that he was going there and that he could pick me up and then I could continue my journey from there. I accepted the offer and went to Kıyıkışlacık with him.

This was a small fishing village. While wandering around the village, I was invited to tea by those sitting in the coffee house by the beach. After the conversation with them, I thanked them and hit the road again.

                                                            Kıyıkışlacık                                                                


On my way to Akbuk, I again came across an inclined road. While I was cycling the slope slowly, I came across Serhat, who was grazing small cattle in the future. I started up the slope after getting off the bike and chatting with him.

Serhat was a nice conversation, a beautiful boy. He was 15 years old. He started telling me about himself, the events that took place in the village of Kızılağaç. He spoke of wolves and pigs descending, beasts, and the subtleties of shepherding. Let me also state this. When I met him, I did not know that he was going out to graze his animals. Because there was no animal in sight. I only heard ringing noises from time to time. A bell attached to the neck of a pioneer animal told where they were. He actually mentioned that he does not need to come, but that people from different places stole animals because we are going to have a festival of sacrifice. When I asked about his school situation, he mentioned that he did not want to study, that his family had been forced to school, that he wanted to open a shop on car sound systems and that he wanted to continue his life on this road. (As of the moment I decided to publish this article (04.2020), I was at the same point with Serhat. Considering the lack of planning in our country, it was a mistake to create a career plan for studying at university and having a profession. I hope he was able to open the shop he dreamed of.) Also met his family. After drinking the cold ayran they offered, I set off.

As I continued towards Kazıklı, there was another slope in front of me. A car coming from the opposite direction stopped beside me as I stopped to take a breath at the top of this hill. They stopped to ask if they were sure they were in the direction of Bodrum. I stated that they were in the right direction. After thanking them and continuing on their way, they stopped again in the future. Later, They come back. They offered hamburgers saying "You are hungry while climbing this hill". Enjoying hamburgers at a relative top, among the forest. Who can say no. Serhat's family had served buttermilk. Now the hamburger. I normally eat my food first. Then I drink. This time the opposite happened. It's okay. I'm out side of my routine.



I had a dangerous moment going down the hill. My speed was at its peak, the road condition was good, the wind was hitting my face because of my speed ... I was in good mood ... Just at this time, a strong wind blew from the side. I was thrown towards the side lane with the effect of the wind. As I was about to fly through the trees, I hung on the brakes and collected my balance. The absence of a vehicle prevented a possible major accident. You took a deep sigh. After this moment, I started to concentrate even more on the descents.

I arrived in Akbuk towards noon. After entering the sea and cooling off, I headed straight to Didim. I arrived in Didim in the afternoon. I was so hungry that I immediately started looking for a place to eat. I saw a shop that sells cooked chicken. I went to the courtyard of a mosque, which is right opposite the shop. While I was eating, a dog "very big" approached me. He could not walk with his weight. I had to split my meal. I had to gave my tribute.

I was afraid it would take it from me in one bite.

Since it was not dark yet and I did not like camping in crowded places, I set out to spend the night in a village outside of Didim. While I was cycling slowly in Didim, I came across a very large historical relic. This was the ancient Greek Temple of Apollo. He looked enchanting under the setting sun. The remains of a building that was once gigantic trying to survive, its resistance ...

Temple of Apollo
I got out of the romantic atmosphere of the setting sun and continued on the road. With the coolness of the afternoon I arrived in Akköy on a quiet journey with my companion(my bicycle) and spent the night there.

Courtyard of the mosque

Post a Comment

0 Comments