12. day (Municipality of Oren-Çökertme-Güvercinlik) (70 km)
While I was collecting my belongings, I noticed that the wheel of the bicycle had exploded. My left arm was a little numb since I had been on a bike for a long time. I got help from a fisherman. Although I told the man 2-3 times that my name was Ayetullah, he said a different name each time. When he said Ismail in the last time, I accepted that my name was Ismail.
After repairing the tire, I made my way to Çökertme. When I entered the market in Çökertme to buy water, I met Oktay, who runs it. I got some information from him about the road. While chatting with him, 3 friends I met at the kokorec shop in Ören entered the shop. After a conversation with them and Oktay, I continued on the road.
Compared to the first days I started the tour, the weather was not too hot anymore. Also, the sun was not disturbing as I was cycling through the forest. That's why I was cycling in the afternoons.
On my way to Mazi Village, there was a hard ramp in front of me again. In addition to the numbness of my left arm, I was now avoiding to force myself on the hard ramps due to the increased road fatigue. In these situations, I was walking. While I was walking like this on a ramp again, a truck stopped next to me. Thanks to them, they left it on the top of the 3 km slope.

In the afternoon, I drove towards Bodrum Güvercinlik. I rode a bicycle alone today at the top of the mountain. Very rare vehicles were passing by. I haven't met people.
It was dusk when I arrived at the Güvercinlik. I wanted to land in Bodrum, but I could not find the strength to reach myself. I spent the night camping at the gas station I first saw.

0 Comments