ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 11. DAY - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 11. DAY

 11. day (Akyaka-Municipality of Oren) (50 km)

I had repaired my flat tire yesterday, but I had to adjust the tire pressure for a comfortable ride. I couldn't do that with the pump in my hand. I went on a bike Delta, the only bicycle repair in Akyaka. I met his owner Çağatay. He was an agricultural engineer. After doing his own business for a while, he opened this business. In our conversation, we were talking about the beauty of Akyaka and the protection of such beautiful places. He mentioned that a lawyer in Akyaka had been struggling for a long time not to be hotel etc. build and he was successful.

According to him, the best way to protect these beauties was not to go there, not to see them. Let's say you saw it, you won't tell anyone about it. “Don't tell any of your friends that it's nice here! Let them not come, keep this place like this. " said. I can't say I didn't agree, it was a different approach.

After taking care of my bicycle, I thanked Çağatay and set off. He said that there are many beautiful bays as far as Akbuk (Muğla). Just like I did in the bays between Finike and Demre, I just wear my sea shorts; I arrived in Akbuk, taking the green to my right and the blue to the left, by swimming in the bays where almost nobody is present, enjoying the road and the forest.


It was around 12:00 when I arrived in Akbuk. I spent time here until the midday heat passed. After the sun receded from the hill, I continued on my way to Ören. I was driving through the woods. I was in those beautiful pictures we saw on postcards.

I arrived in Ören in the evening. I was attacked by bees on the last hill before entering Ören. I climbed the last 400 meters of the slope very quickly thanks to the bees. Thank goodness I did not experience a sting.

I wanted to find a place to set up my tent, walk around the Ören and spend time on the beach. When I got to the beach, I saw several tents set up on the grass. At first I thought it was a camping area, but when I asked, I learned that it was not. The person whose tent was set up told me; When you set up the tent here, the police come and say "Forbidden!" He said that when he asked for a written rule, the police went, and when another person set up a tent, the police did not make a sound. So I set up my tent there and went to buy something to eat in the bazaar.
While I was eating the canned food I bought from Bim, Mustafa came to me in the park. When he saw my bike, he wondered where I came from and where I was going. When I asked why I was going out alone, I said that I couldn't find friends to do such a thing and that it was better to be single. On top of that, he mentioned that he bought a small plot of land and went there with his wife and child whenever he had the opportunity, and sometimes he went alone. Most of the people I chatted with during the tour wanted to get out of the city life somehow. Mustafa had taken a step in this direction. By the way, he was a social studies teacher. Although he did not want to read this chapter, he read it because his father wanted it. I told him that he read and finished although he did not want to, and most importantly, it was a great job to be appointed. After a little more conversation,  said he wanted to order a meal if I came to Güzelçamlı. after I finished my meal, I wrote my notes about the tour in the notebook and he offered me a cup of tea.
In Ören, I left my powerbank to a selling kokorec(a type of meal made from an animal's small intestine) shop to recharge before going the beach. It also saw the kokorec well. After dinner I went there to have a "quarter koko". The name of the kokorec master was Menderes. The name of the waiter next to him is Mehmet. He was a very funny, humorous, nutty person. When he found out that I was touring by bike, he asked if I was writing or not. When I said I wrote, he said talk about me too. I met a nutty selling kokorec for you and said I would write. Of course, he understood that I am writing that article for a book. When he found out that I was taking notes for myself, he tried to root for me up by saying things like turning what he wrote into a book. 
After my pleasant conversation with Menderes and Mehmet, I left their side and go to sleep. By the way, the kokoreci was delicious. On the way from the main street to the coastal road in Ören, it does its job where there are fishing stands on the left before reaching the beach. If you get in the way, eat a kokorec from this nutty guy.
While I was locking my bike before entering the tent, a 9-10 year old boy named Yankı came to me. They came from Izmir with his family. They had set up their tents next to my tent. Yankı loved cycling. While going to school in Izmir, he used to ride his bike as long as his mother and father were with him. After chatting with him about the bike for a while, I went to my tent.

Post a Comment

0 Comments