10. Day (Gökova-Akyaka) (25 km)
I woke up in the morning with a mild nausea, weakness and headache. When the wind I was exposed to after the rain, the water I drank from that fountain when I left Marmaris and the coldness of the night combined, it was normal to get sick.
Despite the illness, I cycling 25 km and arrived in Akyaka. On the way, at least the nausea stopped. I had a small breakfast when I arrived in Akyaka. Nausea started again. The headache started to increase. At least I threw myself into the like icy Azmak River to get rid of my headache. My headache stopped and the nausea continued. I got out of the river and lay down my bed and slept. When I slept, there was nobody around. It was crowded when I opened my eyes. The people next to me looked at me and said, "You slept really well and now you're hungry." After, they offered pie and watermelon. But I had to turn it down because I was very nauseous. The health center was closed as it was Sunday today. If it had been open, I probably wouldn't have left for fear of needles. I had to take care of myself. My headache was mostly gone. But once again, after diving into the like icy water of the river I started looking for a place where I could lay down and sweat comfortably. That place was obvious, the mosque.
 |
| Azmak River |
I drank a soup by force. I drank a pain reliever and a gut medicine. Then I went to the mosque to sleep. I opened my bed. I dressed thickly and forced myself to sleep. After sleeping for 5-6 hours, I was very sweaty. I was feeling better. The headache and nausea had stopped. There was only a little tiredness left. It would pass in the morning too.
Perhaps the situation that tells the essence of the bicycle tour is what I have experienced in the last 48 hours. When I thought about it, my happiest moment was when I was climbing the Marmaris slope. Before that, I could not find a place to escape with the downpour rain. Later, the situation I experienced with that cleaner and my getting sick… My feelings were changing just like the way. "With ups and downs"
After waking up, I met Mumtaz brother, who was on a long tour with his friend. He also stayed in mosques on tours. He said he had been on long tours for about 15 years on his bike. When he told me that I was sleeping because I was sick during the conversation, he wondered where I found the bed I was lying in. When I told him I was carrying it with me, he said it was the first time he saw a cyclist so fond of himself. He liked my bed very much. The bed took up some space on the bike, but I wouldn't be able to rest well if I didn't carry it. Don't look at what I call a bed, as you know sponge mattresses. I fold it by rolling and tying it.
We talked to Mümtaz about our trips in general. He came the way I would go tomorrow. He talked about being attacked by bees in the morning. This was very good for me (!) I was going to start thinking about bees until I reach Bodrum.
After the conversation, I asked permission to eat. After I got back from eating I noticed that my wheel had burst. Just this morning when I was talking on the phone with my friend Mikail, I mentioned that the wheel has not exploded yet. It exploded 25 km after this conversation.
The video I took before entering Akyaka. The road was so beautiful that I said I should definitely shoot a video here. Sick patient I tried well.
0 Comments