9. Day (Marmaris-Hisarönü-Marmaris-Gökova) (85 km)
Today I was going to visit Hisaronu with my friend. When I was starting to load my bicycle, the municipal cleaning officer came. We had a little chat about where I came from and where I was going. Since I had been on the road for 9 days, my clean clothes was finished. - Although I did wash it in my hand for the first few days, it was difficult afterwards. - When I asked the man where the dry cleaner is, he said we can wash it in my house if you want. At first I accepted. I got the phone number or something. After I left my laundry there and returned from visiting my friend, I would pick up the laundry and continue on the road.
After we left my laundry there, we chatted a little more with the man. I started to suspect him because of the man's behavior and his conversation. When I asked if he was married, he could not find what he wanted in women as he was single - although he did not say that, it was obvious that he had an interest in men rather than women - he said something. While I was leaving and going to eat, I stopped somewhere and thought calmly. Considering the movements of the state, I said no risk. After I had my breakfast, I called the man and said that I saw a friend that I would stay with him tonight, and returned, took my clothes to the dry cleaner and left.
After wandering around Marmaris and lubricating the chain of my bike, I started to go to Furkan. It was the most disgusting road I have seen in my journey. The road was very narrow and the asphalt was terrible. I have seen vehicles crashing constantly. Very carefully, I reached the Hisarönü Gendarmerie, trembling and shivering. The Gendarmerie Station was in a very beautiful place. It was near the sea. Most of the senior soldiers came here as a vacation spot. Next to it is the Çubucak Orman camp.
I haven't seen Furkan in a long time. He was in the army when I last went to Istanbul. It had passed 1.5 years. After chatting with him and his friends, I wished Furkan and his friends "Good leave" and left there to continue my journey.
On the way back, I met Cihan, who went up the hill with his bike. I had also finished the hill on the opposite side. We had a nice chat with him right on the hill. Then we added each other on social media. Cihan went on hitchhiking trips the next year. He went as far as Iran. Then he went to Morocco.
It was a great chance that I did not crash on this road. The road was so narrow that most of the time the vehicles passed zero. On the way back, a vehicle even crawled onto the bed that was protruding from my bike. Then I stopped a passing vehicle. I wanted him to escort me to a place where the road could be wide. The lady provided a protection with her vehicle close to 2 km. Thanks her. I am indicating the gender by this. When I ride the bicycle, especially on narrow roads, I always make signs with one hand telling them to keep a certain distance to the vehicles. I signal them to stop, slow down, pass by leaving a distance. Along the way, most of the female drivers, perhaps all of them, showed sensitivity to the signs I made and continued on their way. It was one of the points that caught my attention.
I wanted to reach Ören Municipality the next day. For this reason, after taking my laundry, I wanted to leave Marmaris at least in the evening. I would spend the night at the gas station on the road.
When I was leaving Marmaris, there was a slope in front of me. Water was flowing from the mountain on the right, 1 km or so before the end of the slope. I drank a lot, although the taste of the water was a bit grounded because I forgot to fill it. At that time, Mehmet brother, who was passing by his motorcycle, offered to help in the rest of the slope. I tied the bike with a rope and took the remaining 1 km with it. During the conversation, I said I would stay at the gas station. He said that the gas station I was going to was closed was closed and the other station behind him was open.
When I asked the employees at the gas station whether it would be a problem to stay here, they said it wouldn't be a problem. I got a message on my phone while I was going to sleep. In the morning, the cleaner I suspected of goodwill had texted. "Where are you?" When he did not answer, he sent the following message afterwards: "Alooooooo!"
0 Comments