ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 8. DAY - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 8. DAY

 8. day (Göçek-Köyceğiz-Toparlar Waterfall-Marmaris) (108 km)

I woke up around 5.00 in the morning, probably because of the effect of the frost that formed in the mornings and because I slept in the open area. I slept well. A hedgehog was passing by when I opened my eyes. "Good morning hedgehog brother!" After I said, I packed my belongings and grabbed a few snacks since I didn't eat yesterday. Meanwhile, brother Osman, who came from Izmir, came to me. He came to Göçek at night. When he saw me lying there he slept a little further on the grass. He said that I slept very comfortably. Then when he saw my bike, he understand my deep sleep. After some conversation with him, I started off cycling. I was planning to be in Köyceğiz towards noon.

We had a little quarrel with two dogs coming out of the garden of the house while we were passing by a house before leaving the main road. I used the bike as a shield between me and the dogs. Once again I thanked my bike.

I stopped by a gas station at the entrance of Köyceğiz. The officer I spoke with said that if I want to enter the water, Koycegiz Lake is very dirty, and the Toparlar Waterfall on the Marmaris road is beautiful. In fact, I wanted to go to Marmaris by passing through Köyceğiz and following the forest road. When I ask this way; He said that he was a military base on the way and that they could not allow the passage. I called the Aksaz military base and asked about the situation. When I said they wouldn't let me, I decided to go to the Shirlar Waterfall.

The dirt road to the waterfall looked a little familiar. I remembered when I saw Grandfather Limonate selling lemonade. I watched it in a documentary. In the documentary, the village and its waterfall were told. I bought a lemonade from grandfather and left my bike there. I went towards the waterfall. It was an amazing place, it had ice-cold water.

Toparlar Waterfall

I left at around 15:00 and started to cycle towards Marmaris. My childhood friend Furkan was doing military service in Marmaris. For this reason, I was thinking of arriving in Marmaris today. I was going faster than my normal pace. The weather was a little spoiled. Dark clouds were approaching. As the rain started to drizzle, I threw myself into a petrol station. As soon as I got into the gas station, the rain got harder Thanks to that, a brother in charge of gasoline invited me to the room and ordered tea. When he found out that I was from Van(The Paris of the East 😅), he talked about a past incident.

The person sitting next to him was from Van while he was taking his young son, who was sick in 1998, from a city (I couldn't remember the city, it may be Erzurum) by bus to the Van 100. Yıl Hospital. His son's illness was serious. Speaking of the shock of the bus, his illness, his son had suffered several times. "Until that young man sitting next to me came to Van, my son cleared there every time he vomit. "When one or two people talked about the situation, they got into an argument with them." He was a little teary while he was describing it. When I asked about his son's condition, he said that his intelligence development could not be fully progressed due to the illness, and that he is now continuing his life at least calmly.

While we were talking, the rain had stopped. I thanked Brother Orhan and set off. There was a 3 km slope in front of me. A heavy rain started again as he climbed the last slopes. I didn't want to go back as I climbed the slope. There was no place where I could take shelter until the rain passed around. I covered the bike and leaned the bike against a tree and started to wait. It rained for half an hour. The flood made a mess. So I was soaked down to the finest detail.

I switched to wet landing. I was a little cold, but there was no problem. For how many days I was overwhelmed by the sun and the heat. I missed being cold. I was not going to complain.

I turned left from Gökova and entered Marmaris road. There are 2 slopes in front of me. I pass the first. When it started to descend again, it started to rain again. I'm drenched again. While I was talking about rain, wind, slopes, I didn't have the strength to pedal on the last hill.

With my bike in my hand, we started walking the last slope between Marmaris and us. On the one hand, raindrops were hitting my face, on the other hand the last lights of the setting sun dazzled me. I could see colored dust particles floating in the air. I could see the colors of the rainbow when I blinked from the raindrops in my eyes. I was feeling the life until my marrow. I was as happy as a lark. It really was. Until I entered Marmaris, I was grinning with all my teeth visible.

Before landing in Marmaris

When I entered Marmaris and looked at the map, I realized that the place where Furkan served his military service was in Hisarönü on the way from Marmaris to Datça. So I wouldn't be able to visit you today.

While searching for a place to eat the canned food I had with me, I came across a restaurant. Its name was Yiğit Restaurant. It is also known as Pilgrim's Place among the people. Prices were very reasonable. I was so surprised. It would be more expensive if you had a meal at home. The man was doing a very good thing.

I started looking for a place to sleep after dinner. Marmaris was overcrowded. It is really difficult to stay in crowded places. None of the parks seemed safe to me. When I went to the mosque, the doors were locked. Even his courtyard didn't feel safe to me. I locked the bike behind the mosque, threw my bed between the mosque and the cemetery and slept.




Post a Comment

0 Comments