ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 5. DAY (SECOND PART) - Ayetullah Kılınç

ISPARTA-İSTANBUL BİKE TOUR 5. DAY (SECOND PART)

The hard part of the Kaş road was over. After that, it was a bumpy road that did not tire me as much as I expected. On the way, we had a little chat with three sweet children –Cemil, Yasin, Nagehan.

Dog sounds were heard in the forests 2 km before landing in Kaş. Dog voices grew louder as he got closer. There was a serious shiver in me. There was no settlement near me. After a little more I realized that it was a dog shelter. It was the dogs' scream of rebellion.

When I came to the intersection where I was going to land in Kaş, I came across 3 people hitchhiking. Diyar, Veysi, Bahtiyar. Very nice names. It was the first time they were hitchhiking. They were a bit reproached for not stopping the vehicles though. But despite this, it was obvious that they enjoyed very much. They had taken the poison. After that, they would go for a hitchhiking ride whenever they had a chance. I was sure of that.

Friends also advised me that I should definitely see Kaputaş and Patara beach. After wishing each other luck, I continued on my way and landed in Kaş.

After eating my meal in Kaş and wandering around the center, I went to the public beach at the Kaş exit. The road was tiring for me, I needed to rest. I met a family from Manisa on the beach. They were driving slowly along the coastline in their cars. I drank the tea they offered. After swimming and resting, I met Mevsim. He was studying abroad. He came to Kaş with his uncle for vacation. While we were talking, Her cousin Nehir and her friend Bali came.  After meeting them and hanging out for a few hours, we left. They went to go their home. And me, I went to go Kaputaş beach.

Kaş entrance

A noise came from the bike while I were traveling towards Kaputaş. When I looked back, my sleeping bag had fallen off the bike and was rolling into the abyss. At that moment a truck passed over the overalls, and after the thud, the bag of the overalls got caught in the truck. After screaming whistling, the truck stopped ahead. I took my overalls. The truck was going to Kalkan and offered to leave me to Kaputaş. Actually, I had finished the difficult part of the road, but I accepted it  because the road was a little narrow.


After reaching Kaputaş beach, I tied the bike to the railing and went down to the beach. I was going to stay the night here. Mehmet, whom I met on the beach in Kaş, said that he was a staff member at Kaputaş beach and it would not be a problem for him to spend the night on the beach if I wanted. He was on guard at the beach at night.

After swimming in the sea for a while, when I went upstairs to pick up my belongings, I realized that I lost the key to the bike on the beach. Although I searched for the key after downloading my stuff, I could not find it. Still, I'm lucky. I tied the bike to the handlebar. I dismantled the brake and gear and unlocked the bike and put it down a few stairs so that it was in view of the camera. A red bicycle lock hung about 20 meters from the hut. If you go, look at the railings. If they haven't removed the lock, you'll see a memory from me.

Kaputaş Beach

I met Rafet and his family from Adana at the beach in the evening. They set off from Adana and followed the coastline for short distances. They invited me to their tables, at first I just thought of saying thank you, but then I remembered that I didn't shop for food in Kaş. Rafet also forgot to buy cigarettes. I offered cigarettes after I had dinner with them. After drinking our tea and smoking with a pleasant conversation, I threw my bed on a sunbed and slept.

At around 2 o'clock at night, I woke up to a scream for help. One man: "Help!" he was shouting. When I looked where the sound was coming from, I saw a few people on the cliffs. After work, while 4 friends were going to sit on the rocks to have a chat, one of them slipped and fell down. I immediately called the gendarmerie and informed the situation. The ambulance, the gendarmerie and the acute arrived. Meanwhile, the father of the fallen person also came. We hardly stopped him because he were trying to climb.

A woman aged 24-25 - the friend of the fallen person - led the paramedic and the gendarmerie separately. And brought they to her injured friend. She up and down to the rocks 5 times. They removed the injured after about 1 hour of work. The next day I learned that fallen person was doing well from the beach manager.



Post a Comment

0 Comments