4. day (Korsan Bay- Kumluca- Finike Bays -Demre) (65 Km)
After getting up at 6.00 in the morning, swimming in the sea and recovering, I packed my belongings and set off. Tunahan and Barış had not yet awakened. We gave our social media accounts to each other. Then I thanked them for their friendship.
After about 1 hour of cycling, I bought a bagel from a simit vendor and had breakfast on the road. Accompanied by the Finike beach on my left, I cycled up to Finike on the straight road. After resting, eating lunch and walking around in Finike, I set out for Demre. Finike was mostly agricultural land. He did not invest much as a tourist. Indigenous people made a living from agriculture.
The road between Finike and Demre was jagged. There were beautiful bays. I was taking off my top and just cycling in my shorts. I was slowly going towards Demre by swimming in almost all of the bays.

On the road, I met two people who were riding their bikes like me. Osman Göçek started his tour from Kars - in his 50s - and was on the 38th day of his tour. They met Hasan Karan on the way and would drive together until Çıralı. Hasan also started from Kuşadası and his tour will end in Çıralı. I got the address of a site that shows the slope of the road from him (bikeroll.net). It was very simple to use, I could not find it. (Now I use google maps. When you select the walk option, it shows the inclination of the road.) Thank you, it worked for me. After having a little chat with my friends and taking photos, they continued on my way. The wind was behind them. Seeing them gave me an extra motivation. (I got a message while I was sharing this post on a local forum. The younger of these people I met on the way texted me. He was also a member of the forum. Years later, we came across it, albeit through the forum. It was a nice meeting again.)

I arrived in Demre around 20:00 in the evening. While I was sitting at a bus stop at the entrance to see where I was going on the map, someone who to return home from work stopped next to me. When he found out that I was touring, he invited me to his house. I accepted and went to his house. This brother name was Zechariah. He lives with his wife and two children. His mother was living in the lower floor of their house. Since her mother was traveling, I took my shower in her mother's house and went to their house. Zekeriya brother was a very gentle and pleasant conversation person. He and his wife were calling each other "my friend". I liked this. He told that he had made Black Sea tours with his motorcycle several times in the past, and that he went to Kaş by bike with his friend in high school.
After dinner, Zekeriya showed me around Demre with his motorcycle. We toured the Santa Claus Church, the area where the water coming from underground (good for the bowels), Demre beach. Santa Claus Church was the second tourist attraction in Antalya. It had a beautiful architecture.
After the trip I came home and slept in an air-conditioned environment at his mother's house. I really needed this. Tomorrow I was waiting for a tiring route with 14 km climb and 14 km steep ups and downs. I stored my energy that night.
0 Comments